Twenty-two Veterans die by suicide every day. In an effort to combat this ongoing epidemic, Team AMVETS is committed to supporting suicide prevention services and programs in hopes to Save Just One. No matter what problem a Veteran is dealing with, the National Veterans Crisis Line is here to help them find a reason to keep living. The Crisis Line is manned by skilled, trained counselors and is available anytime 24/7.
For help please call 1800-273-8255 or go to the website
Recognize the signs of suicide Risk
- Thinking about hurting or killing yourself
- Looking for ways to kill yourself
- Talking about death, dying or suicide
- Self-destructive behavior such as drug abuse, weapons, etc.
- Hopelessness, felling like there’s no way out
- Anxiety, agitation, mood swings or sleeplessness
- Feeling like there is no reason to live
- Rage or anger
- Engaging in risky activities without thinking
- Increasing alcohol or drug abuse
- Withdrawing from family and friends