Welcome to the Team AMVETS Scholarship Program
Applications are open for the 2017-2018 scholarship application.
The scholarship for the 2017-2018 year is $500
Requirements for Scholarship Consideration
- Must be a Veteran or member of the United States Armed Services, National Guard/Reserve.
- Must be enrolled and attending a College or Trade/ Vocational School.
- Must agree to authorize Team AMVETS to publicize your scholarship award selection.
- A previously awarded Veteran must wait 1 full year from last check date before applying for another scholarship.
- Copy of their Military Identification Card (CAC) or DD Form 214 (Version 4)
- Acceptance Letter or Current Registration showing current student status from an accredited program.
- Current Resume detailing last 4 years of employment and volunteer / community service.
- 1 page minimum essay addressing educational goals and community/school involvement.
- One letter of recommendation is required, but up to three letters will be accepted. Your recommendation should come from a previous or current instructor, employer, or mentor (pastor, counselor, etc). The maximum number of letters submitted may not exceed three.
Suspense / Close Out Information:
- Scholarships are awarded twice per year (Fall / Spring).
- Applications must be postmarked before 15 October (Fall) and 28 February (Spring).